Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is so much time on your hands a good thing???

As we all know I am currently unemployed.....HA!!!! Thats weird but its true. There is only a very small amount of time since the age of 14 that I have been classified unemployed. And the funny thing is that Cam and I have decided that I am not going to go "back to work" until the end of Oct. Full-time anyway. I am actually looking at doing some fruit picking.
Why .....you are thinking.....
well it will be very hard for me to go get a so called good job with only 9 weeks and 2 days until Cam graduates. Cam will then be applying all over the globe and then we will be moving AGAIN. So me starting a "real" job would be silly. Thats what we decided. And thats what everyone else seems to agree with. One thing though...... I'M GOING CRAZY!!!
How the hell do people do it?? I have been unemployed for 12 days and it feels like a life time.
BUT on the positive side I am having lots of time to think. And we all know I'm a thinker. And Cam and I are having some awesome discussions about our lives.
What do we like...... what do we dislike..... and what are we going to do about it........
If there is one thing I have truly learnt over the last couple years is that I am responsible for me and me only. I cant control others or make them do things or change them. I can accept them or not. If I accept then i need to love and support..... if I dont accept then I need to let it go.
And the funny thing is that "let it go" is so damn hard to do. But this is where I am right now. Loving and supporting or trying to let go.

No comments: